AMERICAN HISTORY THE 1920s
1. The 1920s were called the ________________ ’Twenties.
2. What was the illegal sale of liquor called?
3. A device to make liquor is called a _______________.
4. Secret drinking clubs were called _______________.
5. Who benefited most from Prohibition?
6. What did the 1915 movie Birth of a Nation glorify?
7. How many Ku Klux Klansmen were there in the 1920s?
8. The growth of art and culture among urban blacks was
called the __________________ or the ___________________.
9. Who was this movement’s most famous poet?
10. What style of music characterised the 1920s?
11. Who was the most popular musician of the 1920s?
12. The wild, modern women of the 1920s were called
13. What did the Butler Act outlaw in Tennessee in 1924?
14. Who challenged this law?
15. Who led the defence?
16. Who led the prosecution?
17. Many people saw the 1920s as a struggle against
18. Who was the most popular baseball player of the 1920s?
19. Who played the ‘It Girl’?
20. What were movies with sound called?
21. Who was the first person to fly non-stop across the Atlantic Ocean?
22. What was the name of the plane?
23. For what two things was Charles Lindbergh famous in the 1930s?
24. What organisation was created at Versailles?
25. Who was the leader of Russia at the early 1920s?
26. What did he rename Russia in 1924?
27. Who replaced Vladimir Lenin as leader of the USSR?
28. How did Joseph Stalin deal with dissent?
29. What did Benito Mussolini call his followers in Italy?
30. What best-selling book did Adolph Hitler write while in jail?
31. What were Hitler’s followers called?
32. How did the US presidents of the 1920s deal with big business?
33. What was Harding’s biggest scandal?
34. Who was Harding’s Vice-President?
35. ‘The business of America is ________________.’
36. How many Americans owned stock in the 1920s?
37. What system drove down the costs of mass production?
38. Who was elected president in 1928?
39. Which group of Americans were impoverished during the 1920s?
40. What happened on 29 October, 1929?
41. This created the __________ ______________.
BACK TO SYLLABUS
This page last updated 3 November, 2003.