AMERICAN HISTORY THE 1980s
1. In the 1980 Winter Olympics the US _____________ team
beat the _______________ team in the ‘Miracle on Ice.’
2. What questions did Reagan
tell voters to ask themselves in 1980?
3. What did Reagan say America’s
4. What policy limited the government’s
role in business?
5. What was Reagan’s policy of
helping the rich prosper so they would spend their wealth and boost the
6. What new disease appeared
in the early 1980s?
7. What virus spreads this disease?
8. Reagan was called the __________________ President.
9. What was Reagan’s attitude
towards the Soviet Union?
10. What was Reagan’s favourite
11. Where were US Marines sent
12. Who did the US deal with
in the Middle East to secure the release of the hostages in Lebanon?
13. Who did the US arm in the
14. What were young, urban professionals
15. Billions of dollars were stolen after the deregulation
of the _________________ business.
16. What was the easiest way to make money in the inner cities?
17. ‘Just say ______.’
18. What happened on 28 January
1986 at Cape Canaveral?
19. What was the first music
video aired on MTV?
20. What cable network did Ted
Turner create in 1980?
21. Silicon chips let engineers create ____________ computers.
22. The most revolutionary computer company of the early
1980s was ________________ Computer.
23. Bill Gates and Microsoft
grew rich selling __________.
24. Who became leader of the
USSR in 1985?
25. What is glasnost?
26. What is perestroika?
27. In 1987 Gorbechev ended the war in ______________.
28. In 1989 Chinese students protested in _______________ Square.
29. Who led Polish dissidents in the labour union Solidarty?
30. What happened in Germany
BACK TO SYLLABUS
This page last updated 11 December, 2003.