AMERICAN HISTORY THE 20TH CENTURY: THE GREAT WAR
1. Wilson wanted the United States
to help the world by
2. The leader of Germany was Kaiser _______________ with
and army of _______________ men.
3. The ruler of Great Britain was ___________________.
4. The Great War began with the assassination in Sarajevo
5. Americaís response to the opening of hostilities in
1914 was ______________________.
6. The War was expected to be over by _________________.
7. What did the soldiers on the Western
Front put on the bottom of their trenches to keep from walking in the mud?
8. Who benefited from the Great
9. What ship was sunk by a German
torpedo off the coast of Ireland in 1915?
10. How did Wilson respond to
the deaths of Americans on ships sunk by German U-boats (submarines)?
11. In June 1916, the British planned a major offensive
along the Rover __________________.
12. How long did the battle last?
How many casualties were there in that
13. What was Wilsonís campaign
slogan in 1916?
14. What did America go to war
15. How many solders did the
United States have?
How many did the United States need?
16. What was the worldís first
Who led the Communist Revolution in
17. How many points did Wilsonís
plan for peace have?
18. How many American soldiers
died in the summer of 1918?
19. What time and date did the
Great War end?
20. How many people died in the
21. Lloyd-George was the Prime
Minister of ______________.
Clemenceau was the Premier of _________________.
Orlando was the Prime Minister of __________________.
22. What treaty ended the Great
23. Of all of Wilsonís goals,
what single point did he accomplish at the peace negotiations?
BACK TO SYLLABUS
This page last updated 29 October, 2003.